Real World Life

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sweet Home Alabama

I've been in Alabama since Friday morning. I came into town for my college suitemate's wedding. It was so sweet to be able to come and see my dear college buddies. I miss them a lot. I want to go home now, but family calls...

I learned a huge lesson last week at work. I can't go into details, but let's just say that I made a huge error in judgment. Looking back, though, it wasn't as big a deal as I made it. However, after I learned of my mistake, I shut down. I was a complete mess. All I could think about was how dumb I felt and how I let certain people down. Unfortunately, I had a meeting to sit through for 2 hours as I was keeping all of my emotions captive. After the meeting I grabbed my husband, went to his office, and unloaded. I hadn't sobbed so hard in a very long time. Part of the sobbing was for what I had done. The other part was because I was extremely stressed. He convinced me that everything would be fine...and, as far as I know, it is.

I hate learning lessons like that. Sometimes I do things without thinking and then it comes back to haunt me later.

The stress factor has not helped. I've had a couple major projects that were done down to the minute before I left for Alabama. These things could've easily been done 2 weeks ago...but I had no control over the circumstances.

Big lesson #1: I can't do everything.
Big lesson #2: Have more of a backbone with getting people to meet deadlines.
Big lesson #3: Just don't be stupid.


This entry might not make any sense at all. It's almost 1am (and I never stay up this late). I'm having a really hard time sleeping...and breathing for that matter. Lots of stuff going on in my head. I miss my husband a lot...and he won't answer his cell. Grrr.

P.S. I attended a church today that was at least 15-20 years behind the average "modern" church. It was almost like going back in time. We sang all six verses of "Just As I Am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home