Real World Life

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I have lost my wisdom....

I haven't been writing recently because I had my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday...it was awful. I wasn't fully sedated because I was so nervous, so I felt a lot of what he was doing. I still can't eat real food & that's really frustrating because I love to eat! Ahh!

Enough about me...

I haven't worked much this week, so I don't have a "lesson" to share, so I'll share a resource. I literally visit this site five or more times a day to keep up. It's great. Any website with "church" and "sucks" in the same sentence will definitely peak anyone's interest. It's basically a blog that showcases church marketing...I don't exactly know how to describe it...just go there. There is also a group on Flickr that I joined through churchmarketingsucks.com. It's a neat place where you can showcase your graphic design work/pictures/talk about anything related to marketing, advertising...anything creative! Sites like churchmarketingsucks.com keep me humble because I realize that I know nothing and I have so much to learn. It's so great to have a resource like that.

We don't want church marketing to suck. We're trying to reach people for Jesus, not sell the church or preach hell fire and brimstone. The world is consumer-driven; we have to reach out to people the way the world does -- through marketing. Jesus reached out to people where they were...no matter how low. That's what we should be doing...what I try to do every week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, it's Brooke Ellis.

I had my wisdoms out last summer. It's HELL for the entire first week after, but you'll see...it'll suddenly get better and you'll forget it even happened after two weeks. I didn't get ANY sedation because I didn't want it. My doctor was fine with only giving me the novocaine shots to numb my mouth and that's all I needed to get through it. I felt them yanking, but I felt no pain. I know you'll feel better soon. The annoying part is when food gets stuck in the sockets but that goes away after a few weeks.

Anyway, I've been keeping up with your blog and I really enjoy it. Continue the great work!

10:24 AM  
Blogger jennc said...

Brooke! Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, it's been a week now and it has been annoying! I'm still not able to eat like a normal person and the food is getting stuck in the holes. I got a nifty syringe today to get it out! Bleh.

Thanks for reading, I'd love to catch up with you soon if you're back down here! :)

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey again. This thing didn't e-mail me when you responded to my comment so I just found it now when I visited your journal again. (It's Wed the 13th). I am moving back down next weekend so hopefully we can catch up sometime like you said! The job hunt begins...aaaaa!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home