Real World Life

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The shadow proves the sunshine

The title is a quote from a song I like by Switchfoot.

Lots of projects going on this week. I've turned in business cards and bulletins to be printed. I'm meeting with someone from SignsNow to talk about internal signage in certain areas of the church. I'm almost done with the 7NOW website (I'll provide the link when it's finished...I hate showing unfinished work!). I'm working on redoing our current website. For the first time, I have to plan a budget for my area (Communications). I really don't know anything about budgeting...it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Here is my lesson for the week:
  • Buy a good planner/agenda book...it will save your life.

I learned this the hard way because for weeks now, I have been double-booking myself for engagements and I end up hurting my family or slacking off of work because of my own stupidity. So, I decided to straighten up and get my life in order so I wouldn't do that anymore. To plead my own case, however, I do use the Outlook Calendar everyday, but it does me no good when I'm in the car or out to dinner or something. That is why I would forget what I previously had to do and replace it with something else, only to find out later that I had something planned before the other. Ah, what a mess. Hopefully things will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home